We provide a range of tablets suitable for shared use by pupils and staff – either on a pre purchase or rental scheme. We also understand that there are many issues when it comes to accessibility and privacy when using tablets in schools. Here is just an overview of how we overcome some of these issues:
The internet can be a scary place so filtering of content when it comes to education is essential. We provide the following:
- The ability to block any known unsafe sites (Porn, extremist and violent content)
- Ability to create different policies based on user, IP, group, organisational unit, and domain
- Mobile filtering to extend policies and protection to off-network users.
- Web zones to give teachers the ability to expand or contract Internet access for specific assignments or classes.
- Lockouts to allow administrators to set abuse thresholds triggering an Internet lockout.
Device Management (MDM)
Having many tablet devices that can do a lot of things comes with major challenges. MDM allows schools to control everything on a device. All of the following can be controlled centrally/automatically:
- Turn on and off settings such as camera functions
- Install applications
- Allow or deny access
- Lock devices
- Wipe devices